2020 Scholarship Event
"The Artis the Artist Foundation will give out scholarships the weekend of May 29th via Facebook Live! We are not having a luncheon this year due to COVID-19 restrictions. Your scholarship award will be a total of $2,000. The award will be paid to your college - $1,000 in the Fall Semester and $1,000 in the Spring Semester.
This is what is needed from you by May 8, 2020
- Send email/text permission from you (If you are 18) or your parent for your photo/video to appear on the Artist Foundation Facebook page and Website.
- Complete your application (essay and artwork) submitted at
www.Artis-the-Artist.com or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Create a cell phone video that includes (3 to 5 minutes) and send it to email@example.com OR 817-975-3974
2019 Scholarship Recipients
Guadalupe Gonzales, Polytechnic High School;
Rodney Moore, Jr., Lancaster High School;
Leticia Ordonez, Polytechnic High School;
Breanna Hollier, Mansfield Timberview High School
Anthony Cole Jr
Headed to UT Arlington
Douglas Angell Jr.
Headed to UT Austin
Majoring in Art and Graphics
Legacy High School
Timberview High School
Bryan Jordan III
Timberview High School
Scholarship Application Form
Scholarship Winners must attend at the Scholarship Event on June 20, 2020 to be Awarded a scholarship
Download a Form Here
Since May 2012 the “Artis-The-Artist” scholarship has been given in memory of Artis James Prestidge. Scholarships range from $500 to $2,000. This scholarship is designed to assist high school graduates who plan to major in the areas of literary arts and performing arts. These awards are determined on information included in the application, a competitive skills, the submission of an art portfolio and artistic statement. All students who have a passion for art and intend to pursue art studies at the college level are encouraged to apply.
To apply, please submit the following:
1. ART PORTFOLIO - Drawings, Paintings, Photography, Mixed Media, Printmaking, Sculptures, et cetera. Self-portraits, still lives and figure studies are recommended. Portfolios may include coursework or artwork created outside of art courses, preferably within the past two years.
2. ARTISTIC STATEMENT - a 300 to 500 word artistic statement that include
- Description of your work
- Academic Goals
- The reason you are an artist
Be sure to include your name at the top of your statement.
3. A LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION from a current or past instructor who is familiar with your work
Please complete the information below. The art portfolio, artistic statement, and letter of recommendation can be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Artis-the-artist at P.O. Box 181376, Arlington, TX 76096